A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Molding Engineering Supervisor will work in a dynamic environment with a focus on improving molded component capability to support the manufacture and testing of high purity filters. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic team player with high energy and strong leadership skills within a matrixed work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a working supervisor that leads a team of engineers to ensure projects are completed on-time, on-budget, and within scope
- Actively manage program to ensure stakeholder alignment and support
- Maintain outsourced injection molds by providing guidance to suppliers and ensuring internal quality/supply standards are met.
- Lead investigations related to material or molded components reliability.
- Partner with engineering team members in the troubleshooting of molded component dimensional and material related issues.
- Coordinate the validation of new molds, processes or equipment at 3rd party molding suppliers.
- Develop and coordinate the validation of molded components with the finished goods manufacturing process.
- Promote, contribute to and support an interdependent safety culture.
- Actively participate in the strategy surrounding tool business awards to 3rd party molders.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in technical, business, or life science related field
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in medical device or injection molding production environment
- Experience supervising directly reports
- Strong leadership skills with ability to resolve conflict through negotiation
- A proven ability to solve problems quickly
- Knowledge of ISO and cGMP regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Desired skills:
- Ability to read part prints and purchase specifications
- General understanding of scientific molding principals
- Experience with process capability and validation requirements of molded components
- Gage R&R execution experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project)
- Experience with Minitab or comparable statistical software is preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.