A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Central Region Sales Director, the Industrial Account Manager is responsible for executing the MilliporeSigma North America Go-To-Market strategy and achieving sales growth while maintaining existing business within the assigned territory consisting of Minnesota and Iowa.
Devising and executing business plans and strategies to protect, expand, and grow existing account sales are key for success. Territory consists of specific, named accounts. Management reserves the right to add accounts to this territory as the business requires.
- Frequent travel within territory is requisite to meeting set objectives. Overnight travel <40%.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Director.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates, plus monthly reports as requested on a timely basis.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services that promotes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation.
- Schedule and execute seminars, product shows and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and customer specific pricing (CSP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
Who you are: The ideal candidate has prior sales experience working for companies in the consumer goods and food manufacturing markets and understands how to meet the needs of our industrial customer base.
- A bachelor's degree in a life sciences or related field, preferably chemistry.
- 3+ years of direct sales experience within a related product line or industry is highly desirable. Desire for individual to have experience selling into key accounts with proven ability to gain access into varying departments within account.
- Ability to travel up to 60% as necessary by vehicle and with a Valid U.S. Driver’s license. Overnight stay up to 40%.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Located in or around Minneapolis, MN
- Proven track record of consistent target achievements.
- Driven with a broad-based knowledge of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and equipment coupled with the ability to listen, identify customer needs, and provide product and services solutions.
- Proven ability to work within a matrix organization demonstrating effective communication skills and team player abilities.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage assigned sales territory and product portfolio to consistently meet or exceed established revenue goals.
- Ability to achieve all sales, growth targets, forecast and revenue goals in an assigned territory through travel to assigned accounts, proactive (outbound) contact, and overall account/territory management.
- Excellent communications (English speaking), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated Account Management skills including the ability to devise and execute business plans, knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to gain further access into the account beyond purchasing by proven ability to access and sell into labs. Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach.
- Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.