A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Create market-leading E-Health solutions to provide better health outcomes and improve patient quality of life. Responsible for the system architecture and design of multiple applications and services delivering leading edge, highly-scalable E-Health solutions to our digital eco-system. Work with the business stakeholders to define technical solutions to problems in the portfolio, with experience in applications, cloud, firmware, data management, networking, modern clients and integrated devices. Work with the business and suppliers to deliver solutions, covering technical reviews, technology recommendations, implementation governance and best practice. To achieve this, you will guide the business in working in lean design and agile, exploit cutting-edge technology and develop innovative products. Working within the Engineering team, you will be a key member driving Systems Thinking, software design, and IT within the business.
Who you are
- Masters’ degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, or Electronic/Computer Engineering.
- Strong background (10 years or more desired) in application development, ideally in Java or an equivalent enterprise language, with extensive knowledge of key frameworks and platforms, and an equivalent knowledge set around data storage languages and environments.
- A Proven track record in Architecting large-scale Enterprise software systems that were delivered to market covering multiple client applications, storage, service and device integration that has accompanying infrastructure, with an emphasis on high scalability and availability.
- Experience in delivering cloud-based solutions, systems integration, and establishing modern architectural methods such as service-oriented architecture (SOA) or Micro Services Architecture.
- Be experienced in current cloud technologies, managed services and systems integration.
- Fluent in English, conversational/business French. Other main European languages would be an asset.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!