A career at Our Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- To foster and implement our Company Global and Regional Compliance Strategies and Initiatives, as well as applicable Policies & Procedures guidelines (e.g. Our Company Code of Conduct, Biopharma Policies, Anti-Corruption Standards etc.) as well as applicable local industry norms, local laws and codes (e.g. RDPAC); develop, update and/or implement relevant local Compliance rules, standards, policies and procedures in accordance with our Company Global standards and local Laws and Codes.
- Appropriately communicate and provide timely and value-added guidance and advice to all internal stakeholders including local management and Business Units / Functions on compliance-related matters.
- To manage and support implementation and necessary adaptations of Company´s Compliance tools and systems in coordination with the Global teams.
- To conduct meetings both internally and externally to understand current and new local business models, and to identify potential risks or Compliance topics within these models or local business practices; conduct local compliance risk assessments following global guidance; assess local compliance risks, propose and implement mitigation measures.
- Organize the local HC Compliance Management Committee together with the local MD; ensure the local compliance risks are identified, assessed and reported, including proper documentation and follow up with the Committee.
- Keep appraised with local laws and regulations affecting compliance-related matters keeping the Regional APAC Healthcare Compliance Officer informed within these in due time as well as potential impact for the Compliance organization and agree on needed actions.
- Identify and report Compliance issues that may require investigation (regular or ad hoc), according to Merck standards and local Laws and Codes, including the submission of reports and proposals to the local Compliance Committee, to the MD and the Regional APAC Healthcare Compliance Officer; where necessary, escalate cases of misconduct in accordance with local escalation process. Duly investigate to implement any needed remediation measures in alignment with Global Investigations Team.
- Set-up and maintain a solid process for Monitoring and Control activities to detect any deviations to the interactions from the business with the medical community, patients, patients’ organizations, third party providers, etc. and when applicable, implement the needed remediation measures (‘On-spot’ and ‘Post-event’).
- Attend regular meetings of Local Pharma Association (including RDPAC) and participate actively in its projects.
- Manage the local Compliance Team following the leadership expectations for Leaders with People Responsibility; handle the budget of the China Compliance department in line with financial requirements and expectations.
- Work closely together with the Regional Compliance Officer Healthcare APAC, and act as an active member of the unified Global Compliance team.
- Manage and further develop the China Compliance department and team members motivating them to excel into their future careers
Who you are:
- Above Bachelor Degree in law/ Related to law;
- Minimum 10 years working experience in multinational company compliance or law firm;
- Strong people management and leadership skill;
- Familiarity with multinational corporate compliance culture;
- Have knowledge in anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations;
- Working experience in pharma industry will be a plus;
- Good oral and written English;
- Strong interpersonal and communication soft skills and training delivery capabilities.
Functional Area: Legal
What we offer: At Our Company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!