A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The Operator I is responsible for performing the daily production duties of their production area along with the other Operators of the production team. Assume optimum operation of equipment by maintaining full compliance with operating instructions and Company policies and safety procedures.
This posting is for a B-shift role 1:30PM – 10:00PM Monday through Friday.
- Assure safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes.
- Technical knowledge in the area of responsibilities
- Participate in process performance analysis and improvements within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain technical databases as requested by Senior Operators and/or Production Management
Who you are:
- A High School / GED degree.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Be proficient in the use of normal computer hardware/software
- A solid understanding and application of basic math skills
- Willingness to learn multiple operations and adjust quickly to new tasks
- Needs to be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to report production information
- Works under close supervision at first and demonstrates potential to work with less supervision over time
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
Essential Job Requirements
- Standing/reaching/bending/twisting/being able to lift 35 pounds
- Preferred skills (Candidates that have additional skills in addition to the required skills above will be considered first for the position)
- One to three years experience in a manufacturing environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.