A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Industrial Designer, you will participate in a global effort to harmonize product offerings in the bioprocessing space of the pharmaceutical industry through concise and branded design. By bringing your design thinking and design driven approach into the family of MilliporeSigma, you will support the growth of the company and help to further transform and improve Healthcare through customer engagements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design or related technical field
- 3+ years of Industrial Design experience leading Industrial Design programs in conjunction with Mechanical Engineering teams, software design teams and focus on strong brand adherence
- Project Management skills demonstrated on large systems design and large teams. Use of Microsoft project to negotiate PDP activities with core team and schedule time for industrial design activities.
- Ergonomic assessment and design skills are critical in this as “ease of use” is at the core of MilliporeSigma’s brand language. Candidate must demonstrate skills of assessing ergonomic issues as well as proposing solutions to solve identified problems.
- 3-D Cad skills preferred as this is a critical communication method with the engineering team and invaluable for communication with marketing teams. Solidworks and or Creo with a good knowledge of Windchill a plus.
- 2-D visualization skill through sketching as well as 2-D computer renderings in a variety of programs (Illustrator, photoshop, etc)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes from injection molded plastics to sheet metal forming and how these all can be used together in an effective design.
- Knowledge and experience with Design Thinking” principles
- Medical Device or Life Science experience a bonus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.