Who we are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Product Development Engineer will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for cell therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will focus primarily on MilliporeSigma’s stage-gate based PDP system (Product Development Process) to commercialize new products for the Bioprocess/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry. The Product Development Engineer will be working on projects that range from the design and development of new plastic components and filtration devices, to supporting the development of unit operations equipment. The Product Development Engineer will interface effectively with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Product Management functions and provide technical guidance & leadership on cross functional teams.
This hands-on and strategic position will provide product and process development, analysis expertise and coordinate and participate in collaboration activities while providing timely interpretation of data/results. The position involves working collaboratively with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel, including scientists and engineers as well as partner personnel.
The ability to work under general direction is required. The successful candidate will be expected to work safely, effectively and efficiently in the lab, plan schedules and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines. The ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential.
Who You Are:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field is required. A graduate level degree in engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience is also required.
- Understanding of polymeric materials and manufacturing techniques, specifically injection molding, extrusion, heat bonding and ultrasonic bonding is required.
- Experience with tangential flow filtration is strongly preferred.
- Experience with product design, CAD software and other computer modeling techniques is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and process development activities such as qualification, validation, design of experiments, FMEA and design for manufacturing is also required.
- Proficient in engineering, problem solving, experimental design and data analysis is also required.
- Experience with operation and process optimization of mammalian cell culture bioreactors and downstream processing is desirable.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently to accomplish project objectives.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with external partners and internal leadership, including non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks.
- May require up to 10% travel.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.