A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: This position will be located at Bangalore, India facility. As a Software Test Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the performance testing of the various applications like SAP, E-Commerce, IoT and other home grown applications., We are looking for passionate people with startup mindset who want to change the status quo. You will work closely with QA manager/test lead in the creation of functional test automation scenarios, development and execution of test scripts, analysis of test results, reporting the test results and defect reporting to respective development teams. You will be working in a fast paced, collaborative Agile environment. You will help out in other areas as needed within a growing organization, you should be identifying cost saving automation tools, building proof of concepts, writing technical documents and helping the team with best practices.
- Author automation test plans and test scripts, workload analysis and may serve as a coordinator.
- Good understanding of Automation Test Design and experience in preparing Test Plan and effort estimation.
- Identifying the best suitable functional automation test tools (UFT, BPT, Selenium) for the given applications and creating the performance test script from the scratch.
- Automation Test Analysis and reporting using HP ALM.
- Installation, configuration of HP ALM, HP UFT and other automation test tools.
- Execution of UFT Tests, Selenium Scripts, Smoke test and Blackbox Tests.
- Maintain regression tests based on ongoing application, tool and environment changes.
- Work directly with developers and analysts in a scrum-like fashion.
- Ensure Standards and Guidelines are followed with QA Reviews
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of software quality assurance strategies
- Responsible for day-to-day automation activities and reporting the status.
- Document and escalate issues related to application performance.
Who you are:
- A bachelor degree with 16+ years of education.
- Must have 6 to 10 years of automation testing experience.
- Should have worked in an agile environment and understand the release SDLC.
- Design test cases based on the use cases and considering various quality aspects.
- Possess fine-tuned analytical skills and be very detail oriented.
- Perform complete testing of the owned features/areas. Maintain the test cases and test results in ALM test management system. Maintain the defects in Jira defect Management system.
- Develop knowledge about the overall product, deployment scenarios and expertise in specific areas of the domain.
- Candidate should have good functional understanding on the SAP, E-Commerce applications and IoT applications.
- Automated Test Script creation and Execution with features available in UFT effectively as per the Framework implemented.
- Expertise in Test/Defect Management Tool (HP ALM) and JIRA.
- Should be able to do automation using UFT, BPT, selenium or any of the automation or scripting languages.
- Good troubleshooting skills in any applications and infrastructure setup.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team focused environment across multiple projects.
- Must be willing to work overtime and non-standard shifts when needed.
Nice to have:
- Experience in software development, database development, or (especially) writing automated test scripts using tools such as UFT/QTP, Selenium, or Squish is a huge plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at