A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: this is a fixed term contract for 1 year. As a Scientist 1 in our biologics Manufacturing team you will be responsible for conducting customer driven manufacturing campaigns, organising internal resources and supporting the team throughout the duration of the project. You will have a solid understanding of GMP production activities and cleanroom production processes.
Who you are:
- You will have an HND or higher in a Biological Science discipline and at least 5 years proven work experience in a GMP/GLP regulated environment or a PhD with 1-2 years’ experience
- You will have proven skills and knowledge in cell banking and virus production preferably under GMP conditions
- You are able to work with customers to understand their needs, adapt and transfer processes which are compliant to GMP standards is essential
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You excel in all aspects of a production from design and planning to document generation and execution.
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated with strong initiate and drive
- You are able to work in a Grade B cleanroom production environment
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at