A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: As Senior Project Manager – Biopharma LatAm you will plan, monitor and manage cross-functional projects with regional scope and strategic significance from initiation through completion. To ensure projects deliver tangible and impactful outcomes you will collaborate with business franchises and functions across all hierarchies.
Who you are: You are confident in dealing with complexity and multiple conflicting priorities. You have management consulting experience and/or functional/franchise expertise in Healthcare and are comfortable leading and driving execution through influence rather than authority.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Candidates must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
• BS degree (MS preferred) with 3+ years’ relevant industry (Biotech, Pharma) or management consulting experience
• Fluency in English; Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
• Strong understanding of biopharma business and related functions
• Ability to analyze business challenges and provide innovative and evidence-based solutions
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
• Engage and align key stakeholders
• Leveraging collaboration effectively in a matrix organization
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong planning and time management skills with a focus on meeting deadlines and delivering quality results
• Flexibility to react swiftly to shifting priorities
• Provide PMO support from planning to delivery of cross-functional multi-stakeholder projects in collaboration with Strategy & Operations, RBLs, business functions etc.
• Engage and align with subject matter experts to drive project execution and ensure delivery of quality results
• Support preparation of regional and global meetings (RLT, QBR, SD/OP, country business reviews) incl. agenda alignment, creation/consolidation/review of materials
• Document and follow-up on action items from key meetings
• Limited international travel may be required (up to 20% of time)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.