A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is an interface between programming and statistic. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to performing complex statistical analyses.
- Your expertise in statistics and programming will enable you to transform complex statistical models into programming code and use state-of-the-art modelling techniques to provide solutions.
- Further, you will supervise CROs and provide advice and technical solutions on programming task and standard macros.
- You will closely work with the project statisticians and project programmers in addition to clinical and project teams.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or related discipline strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience, or master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or related field required
- Basic knowledge of clinical drug development preferred.
- Experience of appropriate statistical software packages, such as SAS or R is essential.
- Sound knowledge in software development or programming language like PERL or Python is preferred.
- Experience with working in an international cross-functional team across disciplines and across therapeutic areas.
- Effective communication skills are expected.
- Either an experienced programmer with mathematical background or a theoretical statistician/mathematician who likes to program
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.