A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: EIM Linux Engineer for Advanced Analytics Platform (Spark/Hadoop/ELK)
Job Location: ECity, Bangalore
The EIM Linux Engineering is responsible for operationally managing and supporting at the operating system and virtual machine level, the organization's enterprise data management and advanced analytics platform, also referred to as “MCloud”. In this role, you will be part of a growing, global team of system admins and DevOps engineers, who collaborate to design, implement, test, monitor and support the platform capabilities and applications deployed on MCloud.
The MCloud platform comprises multiple different technology stacks, which are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure or in our own data centers. These are:
- Hortonworks Hadoop environments (development and GXP production clusters)
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
- Palantir Foundry Platform
This role is only for an experienced Linux administrator preferably with some working experience in SuSE Linux. The person will work closely with the infrastructure and VMWare teams to package and install software, set up and configure VMWare VMs, integrate LDAP between Linux and Azure AD, maintain firewall settings, ensure low level operational support for Hadoop/ELK stacks and architect and support the highest levels of security.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support and operate MCloud platform Linux, VMWare, AWS and Docker infrastructure
- System monitoring, implementation of bug fixes at OS Level
- Work with System Administrators to implement platform enhancements according to system engineering roadmap
- Configure user access and security settings, e.g. set up access areas for development teams
- Maintain certificates
- Plan and implement change controls based on project demand (partly GXP regulated); support project go-lives
- Support periodic reviews of qualified infrastructure and validated software components
Qualification, Years of Experience & Skills:
- B.Sc. (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related fields
- 5-10 years of experience as Linux system engineer
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at