A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Schedule regular service visitations and installations in a timely manner for customers based in Victoria and South Australia.
- Repair and install Merck systems including Lab water purification systems to customers.
- Ensure correct parts are available for all repairs, service and installations.
- Ensure standards and correct protocols are adhered to when servicing, installing, validating and repairing systems.
- Provide timely and accurate quotations and service reports.
- Ensure servicing and follow up calls are timely scheduled and appropriate.
- Attend company/ department meetings, exhibitions, seminars, sales conferences and training courses as required or requested.
- Provide technical support and training to customers in the field, internal and external staff if necessary and appropriate.
- Ensure quotations are accurate and complete.
- Other general duties as directed by the Field Services Manager.
Who You Are:
- Must have Field Service Engineer / Technical experience - with a min. 2-3 years of hands-on service and troubleshooting experience
- Water Purification and Electronics background would be preferred but not essential
- Possess good technical knowledge and experience with tools and equipment such as multi-meters, conductivity meters, drills and welding irons
- Must possess a valid Full Electrical licence
- Must possess a valid Driver’s licence
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with both written and verbal communication
- Outstanding planning, time and project management skills
- Should have Induction (OH& S) Card
- Must be physically able to perform tasks required in installing, repairing and servicing systems
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, service and results orientated
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!