A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Microbial Retention Project Leader is primarily responsible for all aspects of performing microbial retention validation studies on a variety of liquid pharmaceutical drug products and/or chemical components with microorganisms. Additionally, this role encompasses the mastery of all responsibilities within the scope of the Preliminary Studies supporting retention testing as a prerequisite. The Project Leader will also keep an open channel of communication for reporting abnormal findings to laboratory management at all times and will serve as a key investigator into testing-related non-conformances.
Who you are:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience working in a microbiology laboratory
- Bachelor’s degree in biology preferred, degree in microbiology highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical QC microbiology laboratory)
- Experience with LIMS software
- Knowledge of microbiology principles and techniques, GLP/GMP regulations, and a strong aseptic technique and mechanical aptitude
- A keen ability to manage the laboratory workload and meet deadlines
- Proven track record to collaborate across various groups and across multicultural environments
- Ability to work in intense, fast paced environment
- Demonstrates cross-cultural competence and the ability to work as part of a team
- Superior interpersonal communication, presentation, facilitation, delivery and organization skills
- Self-starter, detail oriented, and flexible
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.