A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Designation : Senior Developer/ Lead
Measure progress and communicate delivery status at all relevant levels of the organization
- Ensure the right resources and technology solutions are aligned at the right time to deliver value
- The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers in the technical stack.
- Your main task will be to develop extensions and standalone parts of the IoT/Automation platform for the biopharma devices. Project will operate under regulated environment rules following strict quality assurance guidelines. For this reason, you will be responsible for both: developing the features and assuring their highest quality. Working with the test and quality team will be critical.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Lead teams, along with onshore and offshore development team members with regards to sprint planning, release planning, and work prioritization across the Underwriting Solutions team.
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation and ensure timely completion of work.
- Mentor and coach team members
- Promote Secure Coding, Standards and Best Practices.
- You will work in Agile environment as a part of distributed team located in India, EU and US (Scaled Agile). You will be a part of one of the few Scrum teams (4-8 people with developers and testers).
- You will work closely with Product Owner to understand, detail and create technical specifications as well the code satisfying requirements (User Stories).
- You will also work with Architects who will provide the guidelines regarding overall platform design and system requirements (incl. NFRs). Partner with application architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
- Project will be using multiple build & deploy automation tools (Continuous Integration) as well as specific tools dedicated for automation COTS (like SCADA
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Total of close to 5-6 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- 6+ years of hands-on software design and development experience in commercial environments, at least 3 of which should be in a technical leadership role.
- 3+ years of experience managing people, application design AND development
- 2+ years of experience driving agile project delivery
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Engineering practices including Enterprise Architecture, DevOps (CI-CD, Test Driven Development, etc.)
- Have designing & implementing reporting & analytics projects with capability in visualizing/designing Dashboards
- At least 4 years of demonstrated experience developing Web Applications and Services using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring, and other related technologies, preferably in an Agile environment, and/or
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers)
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- You demonstrate technical knowledge and hands on experience in design, coding, integration, deployment and maintenance of the code which is part of complex distributed and high workload platforms and systems including Embedded, IIoT, Analytics, Networks, Security and Cloud and operating systems topics.
- You are result-oriented person yet strong collaborator working well in multidiscipline, global team.
- You know how to write high-quality & efficient code which follows general and more-specific coding guidelines.
- You have a hands-on experience in DevOps style automation, Continuous Integration and Agile techniques.
- You are familiar with IoT platforms, concepts and related technologies.
- You are familiar with the virtualization and containers concept (Docker, Kubernetes). You understand microservices concept. You know how to write and integrate with APIs.
- You learn fast. You are good in understanding abstract concepts and you know how to translate them to the code.
- You are proficient in English, have very good communication skills and solid abilities to teach others
- Upto 5% Travel abroad will be envisaged.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com