A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the overall success of our drug discovery pipeline by helping perform purification of small molecules.
The Associate Scientist will assist in purification of small molecules using state-of-the-art chromatography techniques to support medicinal chemistry projects
- Facilitate the purification of small molecules by mass or UV directed reverse phase and normal phase supercritical fluid chromatography. This includes analytical screening of chiral and achiral molecules, troubleshooting, and root cause error analysis of laboratory equipment.
- Contributes to standard SOP methods, laboratory documentation, records retention practices.
- Works effectively in a team to achieve goals.
- The Associate Scientist is expected to write detailed scientific reports with full experimental details Maintains up-to-date laboratory notebooks according to the IP policies.
- Follows safe laboratory practices and complies with EHS, safety officers, and delegates to ensure that the laboratory is a safe environment
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s degree with 1 plus year of experience in Chemistry or related field required
- Experience running instruments such as HPLC, UPLC, Mass specs & Tecan preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to be self-driven, self-motivated with scientific curiosity and have strong team spirit
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.