A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Plan and purchase materials as required utilizing the current ERP system including SAP and Oracle to support supply chain activities. Collaborate with suppliers and internal customers to ensure business success.
- Plan all assigned raw materials by planner code and process orders in ERP System when required
- Convert planned orders to requisitions and into purchase orders (including raw materials, finished goods, subcontracted materials, custom orders and blanket releases).
- Acknowledge order placement with suppliers for order acceptance and delivery confirmation
- Proactively expedite orders to ensure material is delivered on time
- Successfully resolve all receiving discrepancies from suppliers
- Successfully resolve all invoice discrepancies from suppliers
- Update and maintain Purchasing records as required in ERP system
- Light negotiation and supplier sourcing activities
- Perform Request for Quotes, Request for Information and Request for Proposals as assigned
- Process product change system forms for changes to materials
- Review and qualify new suppliers according to standard operating procedures
- Review, discuss and work closely with higher level material Planners and Master Schedulers to resolve all issues
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- High School diploma with minimum 5 years of work experience. OR Bachelor’s or Associates degree with minimum 1 year of work experience.
- Experience with purchasing and planning practices
- Experience in Oracle and SAP preferred
- APICS certification a plus
- Biochemical or Biotechnical experience preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.