A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships with influential members of the medical community to promote company, disease state and therapeutic awareness, in addition to serving as an advanced technical, scientific, and medical expert in the specified therapeutic area (oncology) for the assigned region (New York City, Metro Philadelphia).
Who you are: The MSL must command a comprehensive understanding of their specific Therapeutic Area (TA)/field and will partner with other members of the Field Medical and US Medical Affairs teams to contribute to the overall understanding of the oncology disease state and therapeutics, developing significant and long-term relationships for EMD Serono with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g. PharmD, PhD, DO, MD) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical and/or pharmaceutical experience in specified TA strongly preferred.
- Advanced scientific knowledge, relationship building and networking skills.
- Preferred the candidate live in Metro New York (including Long Island) or Northern New Jersey.
- Provides in-depth scientific, clinical, and educational support to the KOL community through the dissemination of pertinent educational, scientific, and clinical information on the specific disease state and its treatment.
- Cultivates and maintains KOLs as peers and advocates whose opinions, disease and disease treatment insights and competitive knowledge provide direction to US Medical Affairs and EMD Serono.
- Disseminates to healthcare professionals state-of-the-art research and medical concepts related to the treatment and management of the specific disease state through one to one peer interactions and group learning activities.
- Leads Medical Affairs activities in his/her region coordinating with internal departments and external customers.
- Represents EMD Serono at medical events, programs, meetings and conventions.
- Liaises with the US Medical Affairs staff on the development and implementation of medical initiatives both regionally and nationally.
- Communicates research and development concepts, key field insights and competitive intelligence to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- As appropriate, coordinates with Clinical Development and Medical Affairs in providing field support for Phase IIIb and IV research studies.
- Acts as a liaison between investigators and Medical Affairs for the Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST) program.
- Maintains KOL profiling and visitation records for the territory.
- Administers and monitors appropriate budget expenditures to meet the responsibilities as outlined above.
- Ensures compliant use of field material and conduct of activities and acts as a respected and highly regarded representative of EMD Serono.
- As applicable, assists in the development of educational and training material and conducts training for internal and external parties.
- Extensive (60%) regional travel including overnight travel. Travel will include periodic national meetings and may include international conferences.
- English language competency required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.