A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: You will serve as the primary point of clinical and HEOR contact for assigned key accounts to help support appropriate access to EMD Serono products in the following segments: national corporate accounts and their enterprise, Integrated Health Networks (IHN’s), and channel partners (may include targeted government accounts). You will develop and execute account-specific medical communication plans in appropriate collaboration with key internal cross-functional stakeholders. During execution of these communication plans, you are tasked with ensuring the delivery of scientifically credible and consistent key value messages to assigned customers. You will act as a conduit between the external payer environment and the HQ-based HEOR and medical teams to ensure strategies and tactics are robust in filling key evidence gaps from a payer perspective. Finally, you will help establish and maintain research and other collaborations with key external payor decision makers and influencers as needed.
- Accountable for delivering and/or coordinating presentation of all evidence-based clinical and/or economic value proposition presentations to support assigned accounts.
- Actively collaborates with appropriate cross-functional stakeholders to develop account plans aimed to proactively identify opportunities to utilize clinical and health outcomes resources to achieve the business objectives. Identifies, establishes and cultivates relationships with key health outcomes, medical, pharmacy and quality improvement experts within assigned accounts.
- Partner with HQ-based HEOR staff and act as their conduit to the external payor environment by identifying and communicating the payors’ needs.
- Collaborates with external customers and academics in the development and implementation of health outcomes educational programs or collaborative research initiatives.
- Ensures continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners on projects and customer related activities.
- Collaborates with Market Access & Customer Solutions department to ensure aligned value proposition for assigned customer and product(s).
- Trains Market Access & Customer Solutions Team, and other teams as appropriate, on clinical and health outcomes resources.
- Participates in Market Access & Customer Solutions meetings, advisory boards (may be required to lead), and attends select payer and health outcomes conferences (i.e. AMCP, ISPOR).
- Stays current on new clinical and health outcomes evidence for company product portfolio and key competitors, and ensures the team and management are informed not only of key events but also synthesizes information to relay impact on company and portfolio of products.
- Identifies areas of new opportunities to optimize customer interactions (new customer identification) and product value proposition.
- Responsible for monitoring key trends in the space of health economics, outcomes research, real-world data and payer customer actions and needs.
Who you are:
- Doctoral degree, preferably clinical (PharmD), and a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in Health Outcomes or as a medical/pharmacy director at a health plan with formulary decision-making responsibilities
- Field experience providing clinical and health outcomes support to US payers required. Technical expertise across key disciplines of Health Economics and Outcomes research required
- Ability to master the clinical and health economic evidence and able to effectively communicate complex material to a wide variety of audiences
- Significant experience and successful track record of working cross-functionally with field and internal teams to achieve company objectives
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to interact effectively with executive-level customers
- Thorough understanding of the US payer market, current trends and evidentiary needs
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to apply health outcomes programs or research findings to impact market access decisions
- Technical competency in the development and application of health economic resources, and the design, execution and evaluation of health outcomes programs
- Thorough understanding of FDMA 114, 21st Century Cures, new draft FDA Guidances and its implications to the development and dissemination of health economic evidence to the payer audience
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies. Prior experience with specialty products highly desirable
- Experience with CRM systems such as iConnect (Veeva), promotional scientific medical regulatory processes (PSMR), etc.
- Position will be field-based with up to 70% travel requirement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.