A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
During your internship you will work within Life Science, Actives and Formulation R&D, for the synthesis of biodegradable polymers. These polymers will be used for drug delivery systems and innovative formulation approaches. Your tasks include the synthesis of new biodegradable polymers, dedicated analytics thereof (e.g. NMR, TGA, DSC, GPC) and the interpretation of these results.
Who you are:
• you are currently studying chemistry or material science
• good knowledge of organic synthesis and especially polymer synthesis
• you are a fast learner with a broad knowledge of polymer characterization
• Very good organizational and communication skills
• German and English (excellent knowledge spoken and written)
Duration: at least 3 months, starting in May 2019
What we offer: At the company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!