A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Quality Control Research and Development lab is a laboratory environment requiring the ability to carry out laboratory operating procedures in a safe manner.
- Effectively perform chemical analysis techniques specifically using HPLC, GC, IC, ICP, Karl Fischer, Melting Point, IR, and UV-Vis instrumentation.
- Assist senior staff with advanced chemical analysis techniques.
- Accurately record, review, and report data in a CoA format.
- Assist with production activities as required.
- Carry out instructions from senior staff.
- Work effectively with computer software and hardware, including analytical instruments, spreadsheets, and word processing applications.
- Read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Carry out work assignments communicated orally or in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with relevant staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain clean and orderly assigned areas(s).
- Laboratory environment return the ability to carry out laboratory operating procedures in a safe manner, while maintaining a clean and orderly workspace.
- Plan and schedule work for the timely completion of projects.
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in chemistry or 3 years of related experience.
- PhD in Chemistry with a focus on analytical chemistry desired.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory practices, methods, and techniques to perform a variety of assignments. Experience with Mass Spectrometry desired.
- Knowledge of and experience performing quantitative analytical chemistry techniques using HPLC, HPLC-MS, GC, GC-MS, Karl Fischer, Melting Point, IR and Uv-Vis
- Reading and writing English communication skills
- Hearing and Vision within normal limits
- Laboratory setting Personal Protective Equipment Required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.