A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: working as part of the Virology team, you will be responsible for performance of routine and custom GLP/GMP studies based on Molecular techniques; maintain good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories. Responsibilities of the successful applicant will include working in the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards. The role will focus on the Product-Enhanced Reverse Transcriptase (PERT) assay. PERT uses retrovirus isolation and disruption, then utilisation of the reverse transcriptase enzyme to transcribe an RNA template to produce a PCR amplifiable cDNA molecule. The methods used in this assay are sample clarification by slow speed centrifugation and assay filtration, isolation by high speed ultracentrifugation and quantitation of cDNA by RT-PCR. This role will primarily involve the execution of this method, data analysis and management of critical material stocks. The role will also involve weekend working.
Who you are:
- You have an HND or higher qualification in Molecular or associated Biological Science discipline with some experience of working in a laboratory environment e.g. University, commercial or research.
- You will ideally have prior knowledge and experience working to GLP and / or GMP in a similar working environment.
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You will have strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS
- Due to the high volume, fast paced nature of our business, you must be experienced to a level where you can cope with volume outputs, as well as being solutions focused when faced with any problems or setbacks.
- You must be highly self-motivated, with strong initiative, facing challenges with energy, drive and the need to finish.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at