A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Medical Manager is a Field-based expert that acts as primary interface to external Medical stakeholders to build trusted scientific relationships and to ensure data generation and dissemination especially in the field of Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. You will be closely collaborating with other field-based functions and supporting clinical trial activities in alignment with RCO within the country. You will also be responsible to collect key market insights.
- Ensure Local Medical Launch Preparedness
- Source for updated knowledge of and training on products, diagnostic & treatment trends, and medical & scientific activities
- Contribute to the creation of customer-focused medical-marketing plans in conjunction with Marketing
- Collaborate with GM and other Local functions (Marketing, Regulatory, Patient Safety, Quality)
- Primary interface to external Medical stakeholders to build trusted scientific relationships and to ensure data generation and dissemination
- Represent the affiliate in regional medical-marketing meetings and bring important MA matters to the attention of the regional teams
- Medical advocate for compliance and the maintenance of ethical and legal standards in the conduct of Biopharma activities
- Oversee planning, execution and tracking of Medical activities for specific therapeutic areas and steer performance
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, organization and direction for local operations & participate in regional trials in accordance with the overall strategy
- Ensure that the design and strategy of the trials are consistent with global strategies, and are performed according to the respective guidelines and rules
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategy and procedure for the creation of medical-marketing documents related to clinical trials (e.g. standard letters to investigators, answers to FAQs, bibliographies), including their regular updates
- Ensure that all aspects of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Global SOP are complied with at all times.
- Function as Local Medical Information Professional (LMIP) for affiliates
- Support the strategy development and implementation of the process of planning and writing of publications as well as the tracking of the publication plan
- Develop a database of comprehensive marketing-medical information (e.g. competitive information, product Q&As, speakers list, training manuals)
- Review all documents made for internal and external information purposes by other departments (e.g. Marketing) to ensure consistent and correct medical content
- Provide medical-disease environment insights to assist the commercial teams in their marketing of existing and new products
- Ensure implementation and compliance of our company’s Pharmaceutical Best Marketing Practice (MPBMP) and SAPI Code by providing training to the all relevant stakeholders, monitoring the implementation and ongoing development of related SOPs
- Ensure that all company promotional materials and activities follows the guidance offered by the MPBMP, IPMG Code of Conduct and SAPI Code
- Oversight of all Patient-related activities, programs and medical affairs-led programs
-Safety and Pharmacovigilance
- Support Local Drug Safety Office in pharmacovigilance activities
-Customer Focused Activities
- Contribute to the development of high value-adding medical-marketing programs such as advisory boards, symposia, patient education, advocacy programs, and KOLs development initiatives
- Contribute to the development of medical information database in relation to customer product queries, disease information, field alerts, and business needs
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of communication materials that are fully supported by scientific and medical data, and are presented in an accurate, fair and balanced manner, consistent with label
- Visit KOLs to enhance scientific relationships, communicate medical/product updates, and whenever there is a specific need requiring special medical/product information
-Training and Development
- Develop and execute medical & product training courses for internal staff to support current products and new launches
- Provide internal customers with comprehensive, appropriate and updated information related to all medical-marketing activities
- Identify training needs for medical-marketing people on local level
- To perform other ad-hoc duties assigned from time to time
Who You Are:
- MD, PhD, MBBS or Pharmacy
- Experience with clinical trial execution, implementation, design and protocol writing teaching or training
- Works well within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Record in strategy implementation.
- Is innovative and has experiences in change management.
- Good in customer interaction.
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!