A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Ensure that departments responsible for products meet internal, customer, and regulatory quality requirements and performance goals of MilliporeSigma. Assist top management in developing, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures for performing required functions. Ensures proper training of staff, prepares related reports, and audits current procedures for quality, safety and efficiency.
- Responsible for leading the Quality Assurance and Quality Control organization
- Responsible for the development and administration of the Quality Management System and to continually improve its effectiveness
- Responsible for the execution of the quality control processes to ensure that all products meet stakeholder, interested parties, and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensures that the local Quality system is compliant to company QMS (Quality Management System) policies
- Maintains safety and compliance with all applicable regulations
- Plans, directs and coordinates department operational activities to accomplish goals
Scope of People Responsibility
- Selection and development of employees
- Maintains and trains an adequate and efficient workforce in accordance with technical skill requirements, work levels, and production schedules
- Maintains work guidelines, provides feedback, and issues warnings and disciplinary action to employees
- Develops and coaches supervisors to take initiative and assume additional management responsibilities
- Facilitates professional growth of employees through discussion, internal and external training, and opportunities to participate on departmental and cross-functional teams.
- Motivation and leadership of employees
- Devises recognition and reward systems for strong and superior performers
- Structures department planning system to facilitate employee growth
- Coaches employees on role model behavior practices
- Teams with Manufacturing group to improve First-time Right
- Maintains product specifications.
- Defines department objectives and develops long and short-range plans together with supporting budget requests.
- Prepares and monitors department budget
- Purchases capital equipment, justifying purchase cost through cost benefit analysis and addressing purchase specifications, product quality, and terms of delivery.
- Strong interaction with corporate Quality functions and responsible for the local implementation of global Quality requirements
- Internal and vendor audits. Prepares reports and corrective action based on audit results.
- External, regulatory, and customer audits.
- Evaluates audit reports, assigns corrective actions, and coordinates the implementation of improvements
- Handles customer inquiries & complaints and prepares corrective actions and reports.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience progressively increasing responsibilities as supervisor.
- BS/BA required. Emphasis on analytical and organic chemistry
- Desirable: MS analytical/organic chemistry or equivalent experience or MBA equivalent experience in business and leadership
Job Specific Competencies & Skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving skills and organizational ability. Must be decisive in an environment with high volume, high data input.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both written and orally with all levels of staff.
- Strong technical skills – ability to interpret and evaluate information submitted by technical (analytical) specialists.
- Knowledge / Experience with ISO 9001
- Experience with planning and managing budgets
- Knowledge of SAP, preferred
- Knowledge / Experience with GMP, preferred
- Risk-based thinking and continuous improvement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.