A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are seeking for you to join our Impurity Profiling team within the central analytics department. Our laboratory is specialized in the investigation and characterization of modern display and semiconductor materials, by means of element specific methods like ICP-MS, ion chromatography, XRF and hyphenated techniques.
The right candidate will be excited being a part of the research team, working on substances at the cutting edge of modern materials and is highly motivated with a passion for innovation.
In your role as a Senior Scientist you will participate in the analytical support of R&D activities within the business sector Performance Materials. You will develop methods for the Impurity Profiling of semiconductor materials, Liquid crystals and OLEDs. You are responsible for hands-on lab-based activities including experimental design, interpretation and documentation, instrument maintenance and lab infrastructure. You will lead multidisciplinary and/or global analytical projects, writing reports and presenting data to internal customers, as well as literature research and technology scouting for sector specific needs. You will also present selected data on national and international conferences.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with strong focus on element analytics. Hands-on experience of ICP-MS, preferably in the field of ultra trace element determination in semiconductor materials. Publication track record in the field of ICP-MS
- Broad experience in sample preparation techniques for contamination free, low level ICP-MS determinations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Being a team player with strong communication skills within a global environment and ability to multitask
- Quick understanding for new tasks and topics, curiosity to extend knowledge to new technologies
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is required, a good knowledge of German is an advantage
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com