A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will design the drugs that will address high unmet medical needs, in oncology & immuno-oncology. You will impact, and potentially lead, multi-disciplinary project teams, including highly skilled medicinal chemists, by efficiently and pro-actively applying all computer-aided drug design methods that can help finding the perfect drug: structure- and ligand-based design, virtual screening, Free-Energy-Perturbation calculations, emerging Artificial Intelligence applications, and advanced data analysis techniques.
Who you are:
- PhD in chemistry, physics, bioinformatics or related discipline and more than 3 years of professional experience in an industry setting
- Skilled at forming and articulating clear scientific hypotheses and at leading creative and interactive dialogues with medicinal chemists
- Extensive knowledge in 3D molecular design including protein-ligand interactions and small molecule conformations, homology modeling, and are proficient in chemoinformatics
- Good knowledge of organic synthesis or, even better, medicinal chemistry
- Strong background in IT
- Proficient using state-of-the-art modeling software (e.g. MOE, Schrödinger suite, CCDC…)
- Experienced in mining data to extract knowledge and building predictive models
- Familiar in automating workflows using scripting languages and/or pipelining tools
- Global team player and excellent communication skills in English; German is a bonus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at