A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: the Laboratory Systems Administrator will work closely with our operational, IT and quality teams to ensure that our GxP laboratory systems are configured and administrated appropriately. You will support ongoing compliance by ensuring that system users have the appropriate access and that access roles and users are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures. You will also help champion the global data integrity program by participating in data integrity assessments and implementing mitigation actions with regards GxP laboratory systems as required. In addition, you will support investigation of system related events, identification of root cause and implementation of any related CAPA plans.
Who you are:
- Batchelor degree or higher in relevant scientific or technical field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with GxP laboratory systems in a GMP environment (IT, Scientific or Quality background, or related field)
- Knowledge and understanding of IT systems and infrastructure as they relate to GxP laboratory systems
- Knowledge and experience of FDA and EU regulations (cGMP, GLP, 21CFR Part 11), including MHRA & FDA data integrity expectations, or similar practical application of similar standards or regulations in a work environment.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in taking initiative and self-motivation
- Experience in leading root cause analysis investigations and the application of quality risk management principles e.g. FMEA
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Proven record of achieving results within established timelines
- Travel to other sites in Edinburgh and Stirling will be part of the role, with the opportunity to work from home as needed.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at