A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking an engineer who is capable of effectively leveraging their knowledge and experience in product development and quality systems to deliver products (photoresists, coatings, ancillaries) to customers in the semiconductor industry. In this role you will:
- Leverage your experience to scale batches and issue batch sheets to manufacturing based on business requirements.
- Dissect, analyze, and modify formulations to address specific customer needs.
- Leverage your hands-on laboratory experience to prepare lab-scale batches as needed.
- Use your knowledge of statistics to prepare and maintain SPC charts.
- Document material and process changes using quality systems.
- Summarize results and prepare both written and verbal technical presentations.
- Interact with personnel from various functions, including R&D, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Supply Chain.
- Juggle multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining timelines.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or in a Science or Technical discipline
- 1+ years hands-on chemical laboratory experience required
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical process control preferred
- Familiarity with SAP
- Advanced degree in Science or Technical discipline preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.