A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are striving for leadership in the application of Digital Technologies across its various Businesses. In this context we are offering a Post Doc position for the development and application of Machine Learning and Deep Learning in drug discovery. These techniques will be used for the prediction of toxicological and pharmacological endpoints. You will be supporting a major EU/IMI project on " Federated and privacy-preserving learning - multi-task learning across 9 pharma partners". You will closely interact with internal experts from toxicology, medicinal chemistry, drug design, and with a leading academic research group in the field of Deep Learning, as well as with various AI companies. Additionally, you will be directly involved in on-going drug discovery projects and will drive our efforts to identify and optimize innovative oncology and immunology drugs. As outcome of your work, you will have a direct impact on fighting major diseases, like cancer.
Who you are:
• PhD in Life Sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Pharmacy or Bioinformatics) or Computer Science
• In depth experience with Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning
• Excellent knowledge of statistics and Chemoinformatics know-how is a bonus (SMILES, molecular fingerprints etc.)
• Profound background in the development of scientific software (preferred: Python/Django/RDKit/RESTful)
• You are a team player, communicative and have an out-going personality
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com