A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Senior Text Analytics Expert
Job Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities:
As senior text analytics expert, he/she envisages and employs the best of text mining and natural language processing (NLP) techniques for solving business problems and develop internal products. Based on ‚defined‘ business requirements and high-level design, he/she will drive low-level solution design and leads the implementation in close colloboration with data engineering and data governence leads. He/she will engage external partners and contractors working onsite or remotely to ensure delivery is met within defined timelines, scope and quality. He/she will work closely with text analytics product owner and service delivery lead to design operational support model for text data-driven apps and products. He/she will lead, inspire and mentor peer experts and engineers.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Total of 10+ years of experience.
- Atleast 7 years experience in text mining, natural language processing, machine learning applied to text data.
- Experience developing and applying NLP and machine learning methods in a corporate environment through applications such as java, python, or scala
- Experience with Apache open-source text mining frameworks such as UIMA or GATE is a plus
- Good understanding of document indexing systems such as Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene
- Experience developing or applying text analytics solutions in Hadoop data lake environment is an important asset
- Backgroud of software engineering, data engineering, software development is an important asset
- Experience with data-driven projects for pharma, biomedical, clinical or life science industries is an asset
- Experience in leading small to medium sized project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively within the organization
- Progressive thinker and problem solver, with a strong ability to manage ambiguity/complexity.
- Experience working in a consumer-centric company and with teams of technical professionals in a cross-functional environment.
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, information science, data mining, bioinformatics, or similar fields
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at