A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of the traveling Curiosity Cube project. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination with vendors, advance planning work for upcoming destinations, marketing of the Curiosity Cube, engaging employee volunteers and on-site support. This position requires extensive travel with overnight stays across North America and availability for day, evening and weekend events. Travel anticipated 75 – 100 percent for at least six months of the year.
- Coordination with vendors
- Development of custom education experiences
- Design, look and feel, retrofitting of shipping container
- Logistics of events, drop off/pick up locations/timing
- Evaluation of experiences/events
- Advance Work
- Planning all movements of the Curiosity Cube
- Development of 12 month travel calendar, taking into consideration large events, conferences and MilliporeSigma facilities
- Coordination with local governments on permitting, public appearances by local officials and publicity
- Coordination with schools
- Marketing of events with public venues
- Local media engagement including both on camera and off camera interviews on and off site
- Work with graphic design team to produce marketing collateral
- Social media posting and engagement
- Employee engagement
- Coordination with MilliporeSigma sites near Curiosity Cube stops
- Employee volunteer training, scheduling and coordination
- Internal communication related to Curiosity Cube stops
- Internal blog posts updating global employees on progress
- On-site support
- On-site at all major events
- Serve as event lead overseeing container and equipment readiness, adequate inventories of supplies, volunteer preparedness, event timing, other troubleshooting as required for safe, successful events.
Learn more about The Curiosity Cube here: www.thecuriositycube.com
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree-Social Work, Communication or Education
- Minimum 6 months experience in creating and producing presentations
- Experience working with children in an educational setting a plus
- Knowledge of social media a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to make data driven decisions
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Willing to provide constructive feedback in motivational way
- Willingness to work long and non-standard hours
- Consistency and high-quality work output
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.