Our Company is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
Controlling Services as part of Merck Business Solution (MBS) plays an integral part in Controlling Community in Merck. The group is expected to provide a high-quality support which focuses on actuals reporting, planning and forecasting activity, and may also include other functional and operational support such Headcount reporting, data collection and analysis from different stakeholders. They need to ensure that Management have an accurate and timely financial information from which informed business decisions could be made.
Controlling Analyst, is expected to work with his Team Lead who is responsible ensure service level are delivered as committed and projects are completed on time. During project transformation, he and his teamlead has to work closely with Transformation Manager and Relationship Manager, and manage the areas of People, Process, and Performance during actual operations, which includes but not limited to stakeholder’s management, process management, risk management and continuous improvement.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years business finance experience, with emphasis on Controlling, e.g. financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting. CPA, CMA and Masters degree in Finance or related fields would be plus
- High level of computer literacy; Experience with SAP and/or other ERPs, TM1.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment, with high expectations for performance in an atmosphere of continuous change.
- Experience within a Shared Services Center preferred
- Multinational experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry and scientific background are preferred
- Detail oriented with a continuous process improvement orientation and focus on control/documentation
- Adaptability with the ability to remain focused in the presence of shifting priorities and strategies in timely response to the business climate.
- Good and confident communication skill as the role requires discussing with business stakeholders
- Prepare and create timely management reporting (preview, review, GL direct report meetings, GL Business Analysis Meeting)
- Ability to identify major deviations actual vs. plan and comment on such cost center reporting and analysis variance
- Reviews inputs for accuracy and ensures forecast inputs are reasonable.
- Provides business partner organization with all necessary consolidated information in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in analysis of financial data to identify data errors and inconsistencies between systems (i.e. SAP and Gauss) provide support in resolution of issues working with members of the Finance team and the Financial Shared Service Center.
- Create standard operation procedures and documents for all Finance Data Management duties. Update and maintain documentation for data sources and processes.
- Prepare ad-hoc analytics for management team meetings and business reviews upon request.
- Become highly proficient in all Finance reporting tools.
- Work closely with your counterparts for the Business Technology department to provide comprehensive data reporting that meet business user requirements.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Strong working application knowledge: SAP and/or other ERPs, TM1, QlikView, Business Intelligence and/or Business Objects Finance
- Command of analytics and modeling and simulation skills
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at