A career at Our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Associate Director - Accounting Standards and Group Reporting China
In charge of GL Accounting, external and internal Reporting for all Our Company China entities, covering also accounting standards, establishment of financial statements and people management.
- Ensures accurate and compliant financial statements both for external statutory and internal management reporting purposes;
- Ensures effectiveness and efficiency of operations in financial operations;
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, external and internal policies, procedures and other regulations;
- Defines internal control standard with regards to financial processes;
- Maintains relationship with external auditors, group accounting at headquarters and internal stakeholders.
- Steers accuracy of financial statements;
- Implements compliant as well as effective and efficient financial processes to support business and organizational growth;
- Provides standardized and harmonized processes and source of data for business analysis and decision.
Scope of People Responsibility:
- Manages a team of direct and indirect reports and is accountable for their performance and results;
- Responsible for day-to-day management, setting objectives, coaching and developing employees, performance appraisal, determining employee compensation;
- Defines team organization, roles and responsibilities and allocates the Our Company Life Science China GL to the various departments.
Who you are:
- A graduate degree of accounting, finance, or auditing (or equivalent) is required.
- Requires extensive professional experience (approximately 10-12 years as a guide) including substantial managerial experience leading a sizable team (6-10 members);
- Requires depth and/or of expertise in GL accounting (NP and AIR is nice to have), profound knowledge and experience of IFRS and Chinese GMP is must to have;
- Experienced in external reporting and internal reporting of financial statements to group headquarters with responsibility of month-end year-end dosing;
- Requires solid experience in leading transaction project in terms of systems, processes and people management;
- In-depth experience with complex financial systems such as ERP/ SAP terms of operational management is a must to have, experience in roll-out and implementation is a plus;
- Strong communication skills; good at relationship management with internal stake holders and external auditors;
- Act as a strong team player with a collaborative working style;
- Fluent English for verbal and written communications;
- Capability to work under time pressure and within tight deadlines:
- Business mind-set.
Functional Area: Finance
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!