A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is currently recruiting for Product Owner - Data Analytics for our Connected Lab Promise Venture located in St. Louis, MO or Boston, MA.
Your Role: As part of our digital business venture, you will have the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and start-up-like environment to shape the product strategy, vision and portfolio for our Data analytics and informatics platforms. The Product Owner - Data Analytics will drive product strategy & roadmap, generate value added solutions in collaboration with the team, internal and external customers and other stakeholders, and partner closely with the development and commercial teams to define and deliver on the roadmap.
You will lead the creation of new data driven products, analytics & informatics tools. You will drive the development of visualization tools for various types of data generated in science labs. (Bioinformatics, cheminformatics etc). Utilizing various data sources like orders, materials, experimental, instrument data, you will develop insights to drive business value in the form of new products and solution. You understand customer needs, actively track competitive activity, identify opportunities within the market place and develop relevant plans to drive sustainable profitable growth. You will be a hands-on business minded data scientist.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 5+ years’ experience, MS degree with 2+ years’ experience, or PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science) Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong mathematics background and experience with big data, machine learning, statistics, data analytics and informatics strongly desired.
- Experience with various tools used for data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence and databases (e.g. SAS, R, Business Objects, Tableau, Python, Hadoop, ETL, Big Data, ORACLE, and Hive) strongly desired.
- Experience with analytical / statistical testing strongly desired.
- Experience in programming languages - C++, Java, Python strongly desired.
- Experience with AI / machine learning software (such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet etc.) strongly desired
- Experience in Bioinformatics and/or Cheminformatics a plus.
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
- Ability to work with global, highly-matrixed agile product teams
- Experience driving product initiatives from conception to launch and ensuing iterations strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile product development environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams through influence
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong analytical skills, big-picture thinking
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally and domestically up to 25%.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.