A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This will support daily maintenance of Cleanroom Equipment, calibrations, trouble shooting, repairing of Coaters, Exposure tools and SEM in a Cleanroom using a variety of meters, probes and hand tools.
- Carries out repairs performing daily calibrations of tools in a cleanroom environment.
- Experience in diagnosis and repair of malfunctioning FAB tools.
- Candidate must be a team player and quick learner.
- Clear communication skills; both verbally and in writing to the various groups within EMD and follow safety procedures.
- Follow the instructions and tasks required by the Supervisor. Must be able to work with chemicals and follow all safety procedures.
- Travel required 1+ times a year for offsite training certifications of FAB tools
- Flexible to work weekends and overtime maybe 4 to 6 times per year
- Educational background and work experience include general working knowledge of semiconductor equipment such as, steppers, microscopes, film thickness measurement tools, instruments using QIA to track data are preferred.
Who you are:
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics and or 2+ years of experience working in a Semiconductor industry
- Current Boilers License to support the FAB users or willingness to obtain after start (EMD will provide the training)
- 3+ years of experience with circuits and electrical test equipment.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SPC
- Training or certification of ARC/FLASH 70E procedures, being able to work on live electrical equipment and having Facilities experience
- Technicians are expected to work in a team and follow all training requirements as per direction of the Supervisor
- Strong math and PC computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Work under minimum supervision, be proactive, able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.