A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Performs paralegal duties involved with the daily activities of the US Research & Development (R&D) Legal Team, including providing paralegal support for the day-to-day legal affairs for research and development activities in the US for the global R&D organization, across all therapeutic areas. Also manage administrative and reporting obligations of the US R&D Legal Team. This position will work in the Billerica office 4 days a week and 1 day in the Rockland office.
- Perform assigned paralegal duties involved with the daily activities of the US R&D Legal Team, including providing paralegal support for the day-to-day legal affairs for research and development activities in the US for the global R&D organization, across all therapeutic areas.
- Manage administrative and reporting obligations of the US R&D Legal Team.
- Draft, review and negotiate all types of agreements, including confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, service agreements, clinical study agreements, research agreements, material transfer agreements and other contracts from standard documents.
- Interface with both in-house client groups and third parties in connection with various contracts matters.
- Assist the Senior Paralegal Manager, US R&D Legal Team and US Legal Team on special projects.
- Provide guidance and advice to clients on matters within expertise and judgment.
- Research legal issues; gather facts in connection with legal/business matters.
- Position involves access to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgement.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal in a large law firm or corporate legal department
- 3+ years of experience with the use of Legal department systems such as legal document management systems (LDMS) or similar.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a certificate from a paralegal training program.
- Prior experience as a paralegal in a biopharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable global, federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to clinical development, medical affairs, fraud and abuse prevention, etc. preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work directly with clients and managers.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of detailed supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.