A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Job Title: Quality Specialist
This Customer Excellence position involves working in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy, and rewarding team environment focused on delivering a better customer experience. In this role, you will be responsible for resolving service complaints from customers while adhering to our MilliporeSigma return policy. You will highlight error trends and work with supporting departments to try and prevent future errors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process service request complaints from customers and internal partners
- Process customer returns and arrange for carrier pick ups where necessary
- Investigate and correct unauthorized returns
- Process credits and/or replacements for Product Quality issues
- Respond to customer complaints/ inquiries and resolve issues quickly, competently and professionally.
- Solve situations related to orders, shipments, complaints or other customer-related matters
- Educate customers on correct processes to prevent future errors, when appropriate
- Highlight frequent errors for Quality Supervisor
- Adapt quickly to frequently changing applications and departmental and divisional policies and procedures
- Interface with supporting departments including Credit & Collections Technical Service, Finance, Distribution and Sales
- Be flexible, demonstrate reliable attendance and adhere to scheduled work hours to meet the needs of the organization as required
- Ability to use sound judgment, take initiative and make good decisions
Who you are:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of customer service experience is required.
- Experience working with Oracle/SAP systems and PC applications
- Associates degree or higher education is preferred
- Customer service returns experience preferred
- Able to meet the challenges of a fast-paced, high-energy environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and written skills, proactive problem-solving skills, and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent listening and telephone communication skills.
- Highly motivated and organized, with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.