A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: The Global Graduate Program (GGP) is the company’s career accelerator for high potential graduates who are early in their careers. During the 24-month program, you will experience a mix of strategic management consulting projects as well as operational rotational stations in the healthcare, life science, and performance material divisions. In the first year, you will be working in the Inhouse Consulting team, where you will have the opportunity to tackle challenging problems under the guidance of experienced consultants and to acquire extensive management and problem-solving skills. Inhouse Consulting projects focus primarily on strategy, growth, as well as operational optimization, and our internal clients are typically senior-level executives within the company. On average you get to work on 5 to 10 projects during your first year to gain a good knowledge of the company and maximize your exposure to different subjects. You will also participate in targeted professional trainings as well as our coaching & mentoring program to continuously improve your technical expertise and business acumen. In the second year, you will be working on several assignments within our divisions: Healthcare (Biopharma and Consumer Health), Life Science, Performance Materials (e.g. Liquid Crystals, OLED, Pigments) and Group Functions (e.g. HR, Finance, Innovation, IT). Depending on our business needs and your preference you’ll get the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of the day-to-day operations of different functions and also to gain first expert knowledge to focus on topics or functions of your interest, such as marketing, medical, R&D, production, strategic management, and venture capital among others. Each assignment will last approximately three to six month, with one international assignment. After successfully completing this program you will move into an exciting role within one of our businesses.
Next start date: September 2019
Several positions available
Who you are:
- Master (PhD is a plus) degree(s) in science or engineering AND a secondary qualification in business (e.g. through business degrees or classes, participation in extra-curricular activities, and/or internships experience) or vice versa
- OR business-related degree with a distinct supply chain focus (e.g. inventory segmentation, design and implementation of logistics strategy, network design and optimization, supply chain planning and management processes, supply chain modeling and optimization, six sigma)
- Outstanding academic achievements
- Ideally two demanding consulting or industry-related internships & international experience
- Strong analytical skills, profound knowledge of MS Office
- English skills essential, German is a plus
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!