A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager to join EMD Digital, Inc., an affiliate of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. As an industry leading science & technology company, we seek to solve the most challenging problems facing scientists today. Our team is working at the intersection of digital and science to develop a portfolio of digital products with the aim of speeding up the scientific process from discovery through commercialization.
Purpose of the Role
In this role, based in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office you will partner with members of EMD Digital to provide advanced administrative and office management support to the Managing Director of EMD Digital and his leadership team. While working in a high paced environment, your responsibilities will include proactively planning and executing all administrative and support needs of the office while providing the highest quality of administrative support with the utmost professionalism, engagement and confidentiality.
- Provide administrative support in all interactions with global and local colleagues
- Provide complex administrative support while showing a high level of appropriately independent administrative decision making in order to keep initiatives moving
- Ensure the tracking of all deadlines for assigned managers in order to guarantee timely delivery of all projects, presentations, reports, etc.
- Work closely with other functions to ensure the team has what it needs to operate at the highest level of efficiency
- Provide general support to the team beyond the Senior Management level.
- Develop and maintain highly useful administrative systems, reports and formats.
- Understand the scope and content of ongoing initiatives and programs that the executives are involved in in order to provide the utmost proactive service.
- Apply superior critical thinking skills to screening of routine and highly confidential incoming mail, E-mail, telephone calls and messages. Organize material by priority and subject, providing summaries. Provide responses within scope of role or when requested
- Track important documents for signature in a timely and efficient manner and deliver to appropriate party
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic
- Coordinate and schedule high-level business meetings and others as assigned. Manage all logistical details in collaboration with internal colleagues and external vendors
- Schedule and maintain daily calendars.
- Process invoices, prepare purchase requisitions, and assist with budget tracking for projects
- Procurement of all office and kitchen supplies
- Other administrative responsibilities as required
Who You Are:
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Have a professional and pleasant demeanor often acting as the face of the business to external and internal customers
- Knowledge of the tech and pharmaceutical industry
- Proven organizational skills- ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments, attention to detail and follow-through
- High degree of versatility with an ability to meet digital challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive
- Have a collaborative work style and be a team player
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment.
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic
- Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global digital business environment
- Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate the varying volume of work and requests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup atmosphere
The Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager will have:
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.