A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title-Cloud and linux operations Engineer (GCE and AWS)
As an IT Infrastructure specialist, you will be responsible for the L2 tasks.
Total 4 to 9 years fo experience.
- Responsible faor daily administration tasks in AWS and GCP cloud environments.
- Support migration and implementation cloud projects.
- Monitor cloud resource utilization and take measures to improve (reduce costs, prevent performance issues, etc.)
- Provide guidance on AWS & GCP best practices to internal customers and external vendors
- Responsible for ensuring that service issues within AWS & GCP are resolved in a timely manner.
- Performs housekeeping, performance optimisation
- Ensure that system documentation is up-to-date.
- Develop and implement automation approaches to streamline common processes.
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems occurring within the environment in a timely manner and document them in Incident Management Tool.
- You work in a structured and documented manner by following, creating and maintaining documentation which is under version control.
- Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan. Ensures management and project managers informed of issues and status updates.
- Willingness to work in shifts(rotating) and cover oncall
3+ years of experience in the Cloud AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Implementing and managing cloud services - VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Redshift, DynamoDB, Mongo etc.
- Has at least 2 years’ experience in a Linux OS administration or a development role
- You have experience in one or more scripting languages, e.g. Lambda, Python, bash, perl,
- You have a good understanding of networking technologies (Load balancers, VPN, Proxies), virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare) and monitoring technologies (e.g. CloudWatch, ICINGA, etc.)
- You have a good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- You are customer-oriented person with a can-do mentality
- You are used to working in an ITIL framework and have some experience of agile methods like SCRUM.
- You are a team player and you like work in an intercultural global team in a 24x7 environment
- You are an innovator, always keen on optimizing your environment, e.g. through automation
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator / Google Associate Cloud Engineer
- 6 months expierence with container environments (Kubernetes, Docker, ...)
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com