Position title: Compensation & Benefits Operations Specialist
Report to: HR Services manager, Japan
As Compensation & Benefits Specialist, you will handle service processes related to Compensation and Benefits. The objective of the role is to ensure that the operations of Compensation and Benefits policies and programs are executed consistently across the sites / businesses and in compliance with local labor market conditions, legislation and internal policies with supporting / assisting Japan Center of Expertise teams on the operational and administrative service.
Handle operations for Compensation & Benefits programs and processes in Japan, cooperate with other 2 pillars of HR (Center of Expertise for Compensation & Benefits who design policies & HR Business Partners who support businesses directly) to design processes and systems especially for benefits and handle Workforce Administration, HR Information Management and other projects per requests.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Be the point of contact for C&B service processes-related issues and act as a credible internal specialist
- Assist HR Services manager in the rollout of a various of C&B processes like PMP/CRC process, operational implementation of new C&B programs, etc.
- Implement new or changing existing benefit programs to improve competitiveness
- Build up consistency in C&B policies, plans, programs and processes with reference to company guidelines and local legislation
- Manage and guarantee accuracy of benefits overviews and information available on the company intranet
- Actively participate to the deployment/implementation of new C&B tools / programs
- Work closely with local insurers / brokers
- Track, review and support the administration including invoice control of benefits
- Continuously search for improvements in data flows / automation opportunities in HR processes.
Follow up on changes in legislation that impact the compensation & benefits practices
HR information Management:
- Update and maintain HR information system to make sure 100% accuracy.
- Communicate information regarding policies and standards on Compensation and Benefits to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Prepare information and documents for external authorities for audit purposes.
- Capture data related to Compensation and Benefits operation processes into appropriate systems as necessary.
- Record employee inquiries in an appropriate IT system (ticket tool).
- Lead process improvement projects as and when required.
- Recommend enhancements and simplification of existing Compensation and Benefits processes and procedures.
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Team work spirit
- Process-oriented thinking
- Bachelor or Master degree, MBA or major in human resources field is preferred
- +5 years of relevant experience in human resources administrative management including payroll and C&B.
- Operate independently and take ownership for your area of responsibility.
- Like analysis and are detail oriented.
- Ability to design / amend service processes
- Have knowledgeable about the relevant legislation
- General knowledge of Japan Labor Laws and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and in English is a must for this position. Experience in dealing with service providers from the benefit sector especially financial institutions and Japanese authorities. Have experience in HR shared services in Global Company will be an added advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge and skill of MS office (Excel, Word, Power point etc.)
Recruiting contact: Fang Liu