A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We do things differently. You can add to it, whether you’re looking for an opportunity while you’re still in university or you’re ready to start a career. Bring your curiosity and individuality to this company in Darmstadt, Germany, where you’ll develop professional skills, get hands-on experience, and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
In a digital product designer’s role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions for people around the world – from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with our team of other designers, researchers and engineers throughout the design process. From creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
We’ve developed a comprehensive internship program for the different professions in our team. Find out more about the perks & development opportunities below.
What you can expect:
- Experienced Team & Mentors - Not only are we the nicest people in the world, we also want to help you to improve your professional skills and will support you wherever we can.
- Startup Environment - We are not what you would expect from a big corporate, and that’s on purpose. We believe in fast decisions and agile methods.
- Extensive Payment & Benefits - Besides competitive salary, interns at our office can qualify for a bonus for exceptional work. You also have the chance to visit a conference during your time with us.
- State of the art hardware & software - Your development should not be restricted by the tools you use. That’s why we will provide you with the best equipment that’s available.
- Professional Development - Besides the wide-spread possibilities on self-development that are offered by our company, you have the chance of visiting one conference with the team.
- Most exciting Projects ever - We are active in virtually all fields of science, making it impossible not to be impressed by the variety of briefings that you will work on. Promised!
What we expect from you:
- High Quality Design Portfolio - A portfolio that demonstrates your methods, processes & design principles for web and / or mobile platforms.
- Sense of Aesthetics - With your eye for aesthetic visuals you can create designs that are modern and visually appealing.
- Understand the Basics - You know typography, color, grid, and composition. Demonstrate best practices for pixel-perfect design.
- Out of Classroom Experience - You already collected relevant work experience at internships or other project experience outside the classroom
- Conceptual Thinking - It is not difficult for you to develop and communicate underlying concepts that inspire design and implementation.
- Analytical Skills - You are a solid analytical, creative, and visual thinker with excellent communication skills, both verbal
- Comprehensive Tool Kit - You are familiar with common design tools like Sketch or Figma & prototyping tools as Flinto or Framer.
- Prototyping - Production and testing of interaction flows that accurately communicate product functionality.
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!