A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: our Cell Culture department perform two key activities for the support of company testing operations. The Client Cell Culture laboratory is responsible for the growth and expansion of client cells prior to their submission to the testing laboratories as well as producing fully characterised cell banks for use in all of our testing laboratories. Our Associate Scientist 2 will work within the laboratory, following and maintaining up to date Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations, to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded, to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards. You would also complete regular housekeeping and equipment checks, to ensure that laboratory compliance is maintained at all times.
Who you are:
- You have an HND or higher qualification in Virology or associated Biological Science discipline, with 1-2 years’ experience in a scientific laboratory role
- You will ideally have prior knowledge and experience of working to GLP and / or GMP standards in a similar working environment, ideally with cell culture experience and a prior knowledge of working with LIMS
- You will have a good standard of written and spoken English, a clear communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and computer literacy
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills, highly self-motivated, with strong initiative and drive
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at