A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of this position is to accurately provide delivery timetables to global customers for all products. Challenge global operations to meet customer delivery requirements, identify and eliminate complex barriers, improve OTIF delivery performance and achieve Customer satisfaction.
Manage and assume ownership of the entire order fulfillment process for Performance Materials orders on Life Science Sites (customer, order processing, production, purchasing, QC, QA, packaging, distribution, customer). Develops and uses supply chain management strategies and practices to ensure on-time, on-quantity and on-quality customer delivery of products and services. Build relationships with internal/external departments to execute timely Customer communication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish and monitor milestones on all Performance Material sales orders utilizing project management skills to drive on-time delivery. When milestones are not achieved, take action to bring project back on schedule.
- Continuous collaboration with US operational teams (Planning, Procurement, Production, QC, etc.) from scheduling through delivery to meet customer’s delivery requirements.
- Internal advocate for US and International customers with special attention to customer’s business critical issues.
- Advocate on behalf of customers and sales team to bring projects back to track and communicate business impact to customer.
- Proven in-depth experience with global supply chain processes.
- Customer advocate in operational S&OP meetings.
- Seek, identify and recommend improvements for the supply chain process, using Process Improvement methodology.
- Issue intercompany purchase orders for customer drop shipments.
- Assist with sales forecasting – providing regular status updates on high values orders and pulling orders forward where required.
- Improve and stabilize service levels (on time delivery) using Process Improvement Methodology.
- Understand and apply corporate revenue recognition, trade compliance and intercompany pricing policies.
- Execute material and service billings in support of Contract Manufacturing.
- Perform additional duties as required to adjust to changes in business requirements.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years diversified customer service experience.
- 1+ years experience in SAP Customer Service.
- Previous supply chain or project management experience also preferred.
- Previous experience with User Acceptance Testing process in an EPR system is a bonus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive problem solving and prevention skills
- Ability to make decisions independently and rapidly to adapt to changing situations
- Customer focused mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with customer requirements
- Interpersonal competencies and presentation skills
- Highly organized and efficient in time management
- Ability to work independently and perform well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react to business critical situations (influencing and prioritization skills)
- Rational and analytical thinking
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and other relevant quality systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong relationship development skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.