A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Maintain and troubleshoot our applications, respond to support requests from users.
- Impacts the results within own discipline with own contributions. Provides input to the technical direction and operational decision making in the field of specialization.
- Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives. Evaluates, optimizes, harmonizes and standardizes existing systems.
- Oversees system documentation. Monitors quality standards and ensures failure-free operation. Considers compatibility of different systems.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems through knowledge and technical experience in own discipline with a moderate level of guidance.
- Analyzes information and possible solutions and makes independent judgments, decisions and recommendations.
- Understands how the team integrates with other teams to achieve overall objectives of the area and builds knowledge of the organization, processes, customers and key business drivers.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree within Computer Science, Biotechnology or Information Systems discipline.
- 5+ years of IT Systems work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on LIMS and Study management systems.
- 5+ years of experience working with information security.
- 5+ years of experience working in core technologies and platforms such as Java, Citrix, Windows, Linux, Scripting, Java, XML, HTML, Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, firewalls and different Web/ Application server IIS, APACHE/Tomcat etc.
- 3+ years of experience working in Network Topology and communications protocols e.g. TCP/IP, Telnet, SMTP, FTP etc.
- 4+ years of experience working in supporting applications in the bio Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, managing small and large molecules.
- Service Delivery Management mindset.
- Ability to familiarize yourself independently with entirely new subjects and thus provide comprehensive and innovative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven fast learning & problem management skills, experience of working under pressure, Good customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Tibco SpotFire Administration and development, preferred.
- Solid background & knowledge in computer infrastructure from the desktop to the data source, preferred.
- Fluency in the Windows desktop productivity suite of applications, including Citrix desktops, preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.