A career at Our Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, INNOVATION HUB CHINA
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the inception and training programs of China Innovation Hub and the hub operations in Shanghai. Work closely with colleagues of other innovation units locally and globally.
- Drive and manage the inception activities to ensure successful early incubation for the pipeline.
- Develop and manage the innovation related online and offline training programs and activities.
- Manage the daily operations of the Shanghai hub, including the Maker Space activities.
- Work closely with peers in the sectors, the Innovation Centers in Guangzhou, Darmstadt and Silicon Valley, M Ventures and New Business Builders to further shape the company’s global external innovation model and enable the business growth and transformation in China.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s competitive landscape in Material Science, Life Science, and Biopharmaceuticals.
EDUCATION & LANGUAGES
- PhD degree in medical, biology or material science, MBA preferred
- Fluent Mandarin and English for verbal and written communications.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years of (BD, R&D or innovation management) experience in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and/or semiconductor.
- Broad knowledge of the fields of healthcare, life sciences and/or materials science is required.
- Operational experience related to innovation center, R&D lab, incubator or co-working space
- Experience in project management, incubation and portfolio creation
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong social and networking skills
- Creative thinker with strong ability to “live in the world of possibility”.
- Strong team player with a “can do” mentality
- Strong data and information analysis skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 20% of time
What we offer: At Our Company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!