A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking an experienced Controls Systems Engineer with a focus on automation equipment development, implementation and validation to join our Mobius Engineering Automation Team in Danvers, MA. Mobius Engineering is focused on the production of single-use biopharmaceuticals assemblies. This position is primarily responsible for providing innovative automated solutions to existing manual processes through collaboration with equipment suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Develop equipment documentation to meet GMP requirements, i.e.: URS, FAT, Equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, PM, SOPs. Perform IQ/OQ/PQ and provide maintenance support on instruments as needed.
- Utilize a strong understanding of PLC programming, Networking, electrical and controls systems to ensure the operability of existing production machines (PLC-Based, Rockwell), and to build the control systems for new machines. The candidate must be able to create PLC programs or make changes to existing programs to accomplish this function.
- Critically review and analyze sub-suppliers deliverables (Codes, Schematics, and Documentations).
- Create and manage network topology and I/O lists.
- Provide guidance for the safe installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical control systems, including components of machinery and equipment
- Observe all regulatory requirements GMP's, ISO, internal policies. Detailed knowledge of NFPA 79, ISO 13849-1, ANSI-95 is highly preferred.
- Observe and implement Configuration Management Principles to maintain the validated state of existing validated automated manufacturing equipment.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all automation activities (Change control, validation, etc.).
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in definition, design, development and implementation of production control systems for advanced technology facilities
- Experience in a commercial medical, biotechnology, Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- PLC Programming, Motion Control and HMI experience (AB PLCs and Rockwell Software products)
- In depth knowledge of Rockwell Software packages is highly preferred (Transaction Manager, Metrics, AssetCenter, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Able to self-direct toward individual milestones as part of team projects with a strong sense of responsibility, urgency, and high energy with a positive behavior.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.