A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented individual, who enjoys a fast-paced environment, to join our Intercompany Order Fulfillment Operations team. This position will support the organization with a variety of data analytics and order management functions.
- Manage relationship with related parties and leverage your analytical skills to process weekly and monthly order entry files for statistical reviews
- Help measure the impact of our Customer Service team through KPI’s reporting. This includes the development of dashboards, scorecards, and productivity metrics reporting for Intercompany Order Processing.
- Provide shipping visibility for our Sales & Supply Chain team through collaborative Transportation and order backorder reporting.
- Leverage your analytical skills to support the Intercompany & Warehouse teams with data mining and necessary project work.
- Create efficiencies by supporting the development of internal systems, EDI, tools, and processes related to order management.
- Support data integrity through an understanding of end-to-end data flows and documentation of the order management processes.
- Lead and drive key projects in support of corporate initiatives.
- Consults with internal customers & IT to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support of testing when needed
- Lead and develop processes & continuous operational improvements
- Assists in the development of training materials and procedures and/or train users within order entry.
- Will need to be a team player with needed support of the Intercompany Order Processing Team. This will be done through ownership of a portfolio of globally based customers by managing end-to-end order management and logistics process flow to ensure timely delivery of MilliporeSigma products.
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree in business administration, international transportation, logistics and Customer Service or equivalent work experience in business/logistics field.
- 8 plus years of experience in a Customer Service / International Logistics environment
- Experience with SAP EWM & Oracle
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access and Relational Database Experience required
- Project management skills
- Willingness to travel 10 - 25% domestic and internationally with ability to travel on short notice when requested
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, work independently, and take initiative
- Passion for data, creating efficiencies, and understanding processes end-to-end
- Curious nature with a commitment to ongoing learning
- Detail-oriented and proven organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capabilities
- A team player who communicates and works well with a wide range of people at all levels within the organization
- Strong Excel, Access skills
- Demonstrated record of previous achievement
This role will report into our Intercompany Order Processing Manager. The goal of The Intercompany Order Processing team is to provide exceptional customer service to our internal business partners and subsidiaries across the globe. This will be done through accurate and timely execution of the order fulfillment process both pre and post-sale.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.