A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: As part of the Project Management team, you will have the opportunity to develop and implement engineering solutions to our internal customers most challenging problems, process improvement and production expansion. Provide project management and engineering expertise on capital projects from initiation through start-up and closure documentation. Engage in ‘hands-on’ approach to solving problems:
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Manage multiple capital projects concurrently: scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Procure necessary contractors, materials, and equipment to support projects
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Manage and coordinate construction phase of project
- Manage and coordinate start-up, commissioning, validation and closeout of the project
Who You Are:
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with +5 years strong mechanical engineering skills and construction experience with managing contractors, preferably PMP certified
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to read and interpret MilliporeSigma’s and external regulatory agencies’, policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
- Effective, disciplined, and demonstrated documentation skills
- Recent experience in a chemical production environment preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.