A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking an Associate Director of Segment Development in United States for the BioProcessing business franchise to serve as the regional expert on the Vaccine and Gene therapy segment. We are looking for a highly tehcnical individual to be the Thought Leader for MilliporeSigma's Vaccine and Gene Therapy manufacturing capabilities.
- Act as the industry expert with broad knowledge across the Process Solutions business field by publishing articles, speaking at conferences and participating in trade/professional organizations to drive thought leadership.
- Develop and execute a tactical plan in partnership with sales; Develop senior level customer connections to open doors and help drive sales opportunities
- Generate segment voice of market/customer to support development of innovative products and services by MilliporeSigma.
- Develop customer events/seminars (define event theme, objectives, identify event core team and delegate tasks)
- Validate the development of sales opportunities analysis to drive step share gains.
- Develop and execute a strategically aligned tactical plans in partnership with sales
- Develop senior level customer connections to drive sales opportunities
- Educate the sales functions about customer needs, MilliporeSigma capabilities and winning strategies.
- Contribute to the development of a common PS segment strategy with partner functions.
- Drive wins and reporting for adoption rates, seeding targets/rates and other critical KPIs.
Who You Are
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience or MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Advanced degree in a technical or scientific field preferred (life sciences strongly preferred)
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results
- Experience in areas related to vaccines or gene therapy strongly preferred
- Display entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to explore new ideas and the unknown and visualize what is possible
- Ability to identify and analyze what is important and to interpret and synthesize issues and data to draw conclusions; ability to understand interdependencies and cause and effect relationship
- Results driven individual with the ability to hit project milestones
- Ability to influence without direct authority in a cross-functional environment
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
- Location: United States (Boston area preferable)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.